Skip To Main Content

Logo Image

Logo Title

New Student Enrollment

Current Students and Incoming Freshmen

For incoming freshmen, as long as you currently live in the BSHS district, you are enrolling through your middle school based upon your address.  You do not need to come to the school to enroll.  If you have recently moved or will be moving into the BSHS district, you will need to enroll as a "new student to the district" (see below).

Registration for each new school year begins in early January and typically runs through February.  Students submit course requests beginning in January.   Please know that schedules will not be ready until just before school begins, and are subject to change through the first day of school.  

New Students Enrollment

Visitors are not permitted in the building due to current safety measures. New student enrollments are being processed virtually to decrease in-person traffic in our schools.

Requirements for enrollment in FCPS

  • Child's birth certificate or other reliable proof of identity (see below*)
  • Two proofs of residence, such as a property deed or current lease agreement in your name, and a secondary document such as a current utility bill or a current tax bill or receipt
  • Proof of child's recent preventative health care exam ** 
  • Up-to-date Kentucky immunization certificate **
  • Court documents pertaining to your child, if applicable

** You may register without these two documents, but your child may not attend school until they are on file with FCPS.

A legal copy of the child's birth certificate or another official document proving the child's identity and date of birth is required for school registration. Among the acceptable alternatives: 

  • Adoption records;
  • Valid passport or other federal government identification;
  • Military identification or immigration card;
  • Valid Kentucky driver's license or permit;
  • Prior school records (other than FCPS) identifying student by name and date of birth; or
  • Statement: "At this time, I am unable to provide the school with one of the acceptable forms of proof listed above. I understand that this constitutes written notice that Kentucky state law requires that I provide the certified birth certificate or one of the above-listed items to the school within 30 days of student enrollment."

You can get a birth-certificate application from the assigned school or from the Fayette County Health Department, 650 Newtown Pike; call (859) 252-2371.

You may complete the Online Enrollment (OLR) by clicking on this link

  • Complete the online enrollment (OLR) using the link above.and upload all required enrollment documents to the online application. If you have court documents, school records or other documents that cannot be uploaded to the application, please email your OLR confirmation # and copies of additional enrollment documents to If you have questions about enrollment, please contact Tracy Bates at 859-381-3308 Ext 2046 or Registrar’s office fax# is: 859-381-3331.