Course Registration for New School Year
Course Registration for the New School Year
This page can be accessed at bit.ly/bshsscheduling
Students (on chromebook) visit bit.ly/bshsglobal document to view elective course options.
Students choose 4 elective classes and 2 alternate Elective options
- Pay attention to the prerequisites of the courses
- School counselors will add academy specific electives for freshmen after academy selections.
Questions about the content of a class?
Link on Subject Area name in the bit.ly/bshsglobal to go to that section of the BSHS Course Directory
e.g. click the link “Visual Art” to view course descriptions for all classes listed as Visual Art.
Tip: Click CTRL and F to search document by keywords.
Use Elective Decision Doc for a document to list elective choices. Have the document completed and ready to discuss with your school counselor.
** Academy Counselors will meet students individually starting Jan17 in CTE/Freshman Seminar classes
*** Students who do not complete this task may have electives chosen for them
- NOTE: students can skip the "elective decision doc" and enter electives directly to Academic Plan.
- Once you have chosen your electives/alternates, log into your IC account, then click "Academic Plan" on the left side-bar.
- If you are currently a junior, please answer the question based upon what you will most likely do after high school. No matter what grade, if you don't know the answer yet, skip it.
- On the next screen,
- enter electives (both semesters) in the top section for next year until you have a total of 8 classes listed. Most students have at least core entered; use those as examples on how to enter your electives. (i.e. pairs, S1 and S2).
- check your core classes to be sure they are what you want/need
- enter alternates in the "alternate" section at the very bottom
- nothing should be added into "non-credit". If there is something there already, just leave it there.
- bit.ly/bshsenglishseq - English Course of Study
- bit.ly/bshsmathseq - Math Course of Study
- Social Studies
- bit.ly/bshssocialseq -- Social Studies Course of Study
- bit.ly/bshsscienceseq - Science Course of Study
- Course Directory 2023 2024 list of all classes and a brief description
- Global Electives List
- Opportunity Middle College (OMC) (Juniors or Seniors)
- SENIORS ONLY ... Applications for Co-op, Peer Tutoring, and Teacher's Aide bit.ly/bshsspecialapp
- Eastside and Southside
For Current 8th Graders only:
- Registration materials
- Step by Step Instructions
- Course List Electives 2023 2024 Rising 9th Graders
- Instructions can also be found at bit.ly/8thgradeacademicplannervideo
- Scheduling Dates to Remember:
- Infinite Campus portal is open for students to select elective courses, will close January 30
- Incoming 9th Grade Orientation/Parent Night will be Monday, January 23, 6:00 pm at BSHS Auditorium
- Additional meeting immediately following for 8th grade DLI (Spanish Immersion) students.