Information for Prospective Students
8th Grade students who are interested in applying for StationArts should complete the following steps:
1. Fill out the online application
2. Once the application is processed, a StationArts Staff Member will contact the students family about the interview/audition process. Interviews/Auditions may be held in person or over zoom. The staff member making the contact will include links and directions for the interview/audition.
3. Students should prepare for the audition. Here is a list of work samples suggested for each area:
Visual Art: Portfolio (Physical or Digital) must include one portrait, one landscape, one still life (all 3 from life), a sculpture made from recycled materials and 2 pieces of your choosing. At the time of the interview, students will be expected to draw an on demand still life.
Classical Guitar: A prepared piece with a three minute maximum.
Band, Orchestra and Keyboard Instrumentalists: A two to three minute prepared piece along with selected scales and sight-reading.
Vocalists: A prepared piece with a three minute maximum along with sight-reading.
Theatre: Prepare two contrasting monologues and expect cold readings and improvisation
4. During the interview/audtion, our staff would like to get to know students from their own perspective to see how they would best fit into the program.
5. Accepted students and families can expect to receive notification in mid to late January. Once families receive the email notification, they have two weeks to accept the offer to be part of the program.
If you have any questions about the application, interview, or acceptance process, please contact Kelly Mayes at firstname.lastname@example.org or Noelle McGill at email@example.com